lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

Wuthering Heights' extract.

by Emily Brontë

"...I know, by instinct, his reserve spring from an aversion to showy displays of feeling - to manifestations of mutual kindliness."

"We don't in general take to foreigners, here, Mr Lockwood, unless they take to us first."

"Catherine's face was just like the landscape - shadows and sunshine flitting over it in rapid succession; but the shadows rested longer, and the sunshine was more transient; and her poor little heart reproached itself for even that passing forgetfulness of its cares."

"Rise, and don't degrade yourself into an abject reptile - don't."

"The entire world is a dreadful collection of memoranda that she did exist, and that I have lost her!"

"My confessions have not relieved me; but they may account for some otherwise unaccountable phases of humour which I show."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario